Smarter Systems is a Charlotte based Audio and Video Design-Build Company. We integrate meeting space and classroom technology for clients throughout North America. We are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager. Do you have experience selling custom Audio-Video and IT solutions to businesses and educational institutions? Do you have a sense of urgency? Do you know how to help people solve workplace challenges with technology? If so, we want to talk to you.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of business to business sales experience selling custom audio-video and/or information technology solutions. You will be presenting dynamic integrated systems to senior level leaders in order to cultivate new business.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager
- Cultivate new business through a blend of networking, prospecting, cold-calling, and referrals
- Identify client needs and utilize solution-based selling techniques to fully demonstrate the value of Smarter Systems’ products and services
- Develop a sales plan and strategy to ensure maximum efficiency
- Perform demos for prospective clients; be prepared to handle basic equipment issues
- Enable a smooth sales process via communication with operations and installation teams
- Stay current in ongoing market trends in industry
- Continuously update your knowledge of Smarter Systems' products, services, and the competitive dynamics of the marketplace.
- Participate in training opportunities on products and services
- Focus on enhancing communication and presentation
- Leverage our CRM pipeline management tool; manage sales funnel and generate reports on sales activities and forecasting
- 3+ years experience in outside sales and a demonstrated history of sales achievements in a commissioned environment
- Audio-Video or Information Technology solutions sales experience
- Documented track record of complex presentations to senior level executives and decision makers
- Established relationships within your vertical
- Self-starter with good work ethic and ability to work independently
- Outstanding professional prospecting, selling, funnel and account management skills; excellent negotiation and ability to close deals; sense of urgency
- Desire to push yourself independently while working in a collaborative environment
- BA/BS College degree a plus, but not required
- Ability to succeed in an online environment using CRM, HR portal, and expense reporting. We use the market leading NetSuite software package.
- CRM workflow experience. Netsuite experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain multiple deals and projects coordinating with engineers and project managers to see projects through to completion
Purpose of Posting: If the position you wish to apply for is no longer posted, please submit your application profile to this "No Job Specified" job posting.
Thank you for your interest in an employment opportunity with Smarter Systems.