Summary of Position
The Audio Video Design Engineer is responsible for the design and specification of custom audio-video and teleconferencing systems. The engineer designs meeting space systems and specifies the associated infrastructure requirements.
Audio Video Design Engineer
Designing and building teleconferencing and other audio-video systems including: appropriate system concepts, calculations, layout, sizing, selections, specifications, and coordination with sales and operations. The successful candidate should have experience in audio and video conferencing, digital signal processing, mix/minus audio, room control systems, multi-source signal distribution of electronics over low voltage wiring.
The Audio Video Engineer will be expected to self-perform the tasks listed below and coordinate with other team members in the following activities:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, able to help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s)
- Act as liaison between and meet with sales, project management, and operations when project is turned over for installation.
- Work with vendors to obtain best solution
- Create Bill of Materials and Scope of Work for each project
- Provide detailed CAD Elevations, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Line Drawings and annotated floor plans for project planning and installation
- Meet bid schedules and deadlines
- Have the ability to meet strict timeframes
- Attend project calls and meetings to cover all details and expectations of project as they were designed.
- Must be able to travel as needed for site visits
- Must be able to manage multiple projects/estimates and present a high level of organization
- Must have high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, ITB / RFP specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Perform site visits to inspect and evaluate existing systems or to inspect work in progress
- Assist project teams with producing project deliverables.
- Work closely with sales team.
- Assist sales teams with take offs and proposal development.
- The Audio Video Engineer will complete other responsibilities as assigned
- 5-7 year’s recent experience in the audio video design and infrastructure industry
- Experience working with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate and develop a written and graphic representation of the company’s proposed solutions utilizing the software resources provided by the company
- Must possess a high attention to detail, proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s)
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license
- CTS-D Certification
- Experience with Visio and/or D Tools Software
- Experience with Unified Communications
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Low Voltage License is a plus
The Lead Installation Technician is responsible for installations, equipment handling, team communication, testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting Audio-Video-Control equipment.
Audio Video Lead Technician
Leads team in the installation and implementation of audio and video equipment
Hands-on in the install process
Directs and manages field related operations for a small team of techs, both internal and external (sub-contractors).
Ensures all equipment, programming, and documentation needed for the project is obtained before arriving at the job site.
Works with Project Manager to maintain an accurate schedule, track progress and provide daily updates for project status.
Ability to work with Control and DSP systems including loading code, troubleshooting, and adjusting.
Capable of effectively interacting with other construction trades, sub-contractors, and end-users.
Responsible for system commissioning and all field related documentation.
Cable Pulling, Rack Building, Signal Termination, System Calibration, System Testing.
Final Commissioning experience.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent working knowledge of AV Installation practices & procedures.
Digital Control System, DSP and IP-enabled Device Integration experience (examples: Crestron, BiAmp, Extron, etc.)
Knowledge of Videoconferencing Systems required (Polycom, Cisco, Skype for Business).
Ability to read and use CAD/Blueprints and other design drawings.
Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
Infocomm Certifications preferred (examples: CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D).
Other Industry Certifications that are helpful (examples: DMC-E, DMC-T, SMART, RCDD, EST, CET, MCSE, etc.)
Valid Driver’s License with good Driving Record.
Extended travel as much as 50%.
The Procurement Manager will manage the purchasing process and vendor communications, cost accuracy verification and shipping and tracking data documentation. The Procurement Manager will manage the RMA data, returning inventory data and generate reports regarding inventory levels. The Procurement Manager will maintain the equipment cost database in Netsuite.
- The Procurement Coordinator will work closely with Sales Support and Project Managers to ensure sales orders are prepared accurately for ordering.
- Prepare all purchase orders for small and large projects as directed by the Operations Manager and/or COO.
- Handle vendor communication and response.
- Monitor cost adjustments and make adjustments in sales order
- Communicate with Project Managers regarding backorder, substitute parts and/or lead times for custom items.
- Record and track shipping information for all orders
- Communicate with Project Manager and Coordinator shipping data
- Maintain weekly report via a spreadsheet of excess inventory from installations
- Maintain monthly report via a spreadsheet of inventory on hand that can be used in future installations
- Communicate inventory accessibility to Design and Project Coordinator
- Work with COO to record inventory data in Netsuite
- Work with Operations Manager and Operations Administrator to fulfill items and monitor inventory valuations.
- Manage RMA data flow to ensure PO costs are accurate
- Maintain Netsuite database with Vendor price list data
We are seeking a Service and Support Coordinator to oversee our support requests. The role will also assist the field technicians with return merchandise authorizations and sales team members with basic quoting.
Service and Support Coordinator
- Monitor service requests
- Document service requests
- Work with Sales, Technicians, and Clients to coordinate service calls
- Coordinate with field techs and clients to process RMA’s for equipment
- Document RMA and communicate with Purchasing and Financial coordinator for processing
- Assist Sales Team members with Item entry and quote preparation
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS Degree preferred; High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-5 years of administrative service experience in a B2B service type environment
- Effective and concise communication skills required including verbal, written, telephone communication and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Business Systems Applications; Project Management
- Excellent organization and attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work with multiple streams of information and prioritize tasks
- Strong sense of urgency and timeliness in completing duties
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well both autonomously and within a team environment
- Maintain a pleasant, professional attitude towards customers and co-workers
- Must be flexible, dependable and have a willingness to learn, excel, and master their position as well as assist where and when needed
- Positive attitude with an ability to absorb and learn quickly
Purpose of Posting: If the position you wish to apply for is no longer posted, please submit your application profile to this "No Job Specified" job posting.
Thank you for your interest in an employment opportunity with Smarter Systems.